Established 1928

World-renowned for its contributions to ecology, evolution and sustainable agriculture, the 3,014-acre W.K. Kellogg Biological Station (KBS) is MSU’s largest off-campus research and education complex and among the most prominent inland field stations in North America. KBS has modern research laboratories, greenhouses and field laboratories, including the KBS Experimental Pond Laboratory and a state-of-the-art robotic milking dairy facility at the Kellogg Farm. KBS is one of 26 National Science Foundation Long-Term Ecological Research sites. The facility also includes the Kellogg Bird Sanctuary, the Manor House and the Conference Center, all of which are open year-round.

For more information, visit



Click to subscribe to our e-publications: