2014 Northwest Michigan Orchard and Vineyard Show
Date: January 14, 2014
Time: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Location: Grand Traverse Resort, 100 Grand Traverse Boulevard, Acme, MI 49610
Two days of educational programs about tart and sweet cherries, apples, and wine grapes. There will be special sessions for wine grape production and enology. The Cherry Marketing Institute will hold its annual meeting and luncheon, along with the Sweet Cherry Summit. There will also be sessions covering various issues for apple growers. Social events include three luncheons and a wine tasting and hors d’oeuvre social hour. Vendors will be on hand for the duration of the two-day event.
- Registration Fee (at the door): $30/person for both days
- Fruit Industry Luncheon, Jan. 14: $15
- CMI Luncheon, January 15: Free to cherry growers; pre-register with CMI
- Grand Traverse Fruit Growers’ Council
- Cherry Marketing Institute
- Michigan State Horticultural Society
- Parallel 45 Vines & Wines Inc.
- Michigan State University Extension
- Michigan State University AgBioResearch
Educational sessions coordinated by…
- Dr. Nikki Rothwell
Northwest Michigan Horticultural Research Center Coordinator & Extension Specialist
- Emily Pochubay
Tree Fruit Integrated Pest Management Educator, MSUE
- Dr. Duke Elsner
Small Fruit Educator, MSUE
For a full schedule, visit the Northwest Michigan Horticulture Research Center FruitNet webpage.
If you plan to attend, you are encouraged to show up before the 9:00 a.m. start time to avoid a long registration wait, which occurs at the door.
Click to subscribe to our e-publications:Subscribe