MSU Science Festival
Date: April 1, 2014 - April 6, 2014
Location: MSU Campus, East Lansing, MI 48824
The MSU Science Festival is a celebration of science, fueled by some of the basic elements essential to scientific inquiry: curiosity, wonder, and discovery.
There will be events for the whole family to enjoy, on topics ranging from the ordinary to the extraordinary. From astronomy to music, chemistry to zoology, MSU researchers and their students will share the wonder of science in a wide array of diverse offerings for young and old to engage, explore, and inspire. And it’s all free!
Types of Events
Event formats include demonstrations, lectures, discussion panels, hands-on activities, exhibits, and guided tours. Locations are on the ground and in action. Last year’s sites included the Red Cedar River, a bird netting and tagging site, a mock archeological dig, and many more.
- Popular programs from last year, such as Science Theatre, Butterflies in the Garden, and tours of the Recycling Center and the Cyclotron, will return.
- The “Say it in 7” program will return with a series of 7-minute talks followed by a question and answer period.
- Hands-on activities will be available in the Festival’s large Expo Tent on the weekend.
- Visitors can interact with a take-apart station to reveal what’s inside household items.
- Astronomy Night will offer a presentation at the Planetarium and a visit to the Observatory.
- New events will include Vet-A-Visit and a Nature Discovery drop-in area.
- And much more!
Check the MSU Science Festival website often for updates on the program as it develops!
Click to subscribe to our e-publications:Subscribe